Bellori is located in a strategic point: here the roads that descend from Erbezzo and Bosco Chiesanuova meet and here it is possible to have a fair amount of water available that allows you to operate the heavy wheel of a mill.
Together with this mill of Bellori, documented since the fifteenth century, other mills functioned throughout the Lugo area. Still in the eighteenth century, seven wheels of grain mills and a plant for fulling the cloths were driven by water. This mill, active until 1956, still fully functional today, retains the characteristics of the ancient medieval mills built with gears almost entirely of wood. Two pairs of millstones are in operation in the mill, being a mill with two palmenti , one used for wheat, the other for corn. Entering the Bellori mill is like entering a world of the distant past.
The bivouac of the district of Bellori
Inside the hut there is all the traditional equipment for processing milk located in the two typical rooms, called "logo del late” (luogo del latte) e “logo del fogo” (luogo del fuoco).
In the " logo del late" , placed in the coolest point of the structure, the milk brought by the farmers was weighed, filtered and then placed to rest in the " mastele ", wooden containers to bring out the cream.
From the cream collected with expertise spanarola , and placed in the bucio (fixed zàngola), suitably and long beaten, the butter was obtained. In the “ logo del fogo” the milk was further processed to obtain cheese and ricotta ( puina ). The farmers of the area used this hut to work the milk delivered by all the members in shifts. Those who had more milk had to make more time available for processing and at the same time obtained more products, all rigorously recorded in the log of the hut.